From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Mullenax
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:33 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] GEMPAK going away in 3-5 years?

I just happened to be reading on the Unidata site about IDV and GEMPAK grids
when I was alarmed to come upon this statement:

"The second pressing issue is the impending transition of NAWIPS/GEMPAK to
AWIPS2 in the next 3-5 years. At this point, it is unknown how that will
impact Unidata's GEMPAK users, but the committee thought that having IDV
support GEMPAK data files would be a way for GEMPAK users to transition to
the IDV if they wanted."