Re: [gembud] dcshef and dcshef_comet

Daryl,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Daryl Herzmann wrote:

Good day!

I recently upgraded a box from GEMPAK 5.10.2 to 5.10.4 and all of my
dcshef pqact processes started bombing out with:

[22855] 071130/1114[FL -1]  Cannot open file
/mesonet/data/gempak/coop/YYMMDD_rtp.gem.

Digging around, I see that dcshef's options are radically different and
there is something called 'dcshef_comet' which seems to work like the old
dcshef did.

dcshef_comet is apparently the old dcshef. You also have to use the "shef_comet.pack" packing table when you run it.

Did I miss something on the email lists about this?  The "What's New" with
GEMPAK 5.10 page has no references to dcshef changes?

I don't recall seeing any notices... we just sort-of figured it out when we built/ran it.

                             Art

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, thanks!

daryl