simple FORTRAN code for GEMPAK that fails on 64-bit Linux machines

Gembuds,

I have this incredibly simple FORTAN code, test.f, that works fine on
32-bit Linux machines with any version of GEMPAK, but that fails
miserably on all of my 64-bit Linux machines with any version of
GEMPAK (I've tried 5.9.4 and 5.8.3ag3 specially built for 64-bit).  I
am curious if anyone out there can successfully run this on a 64-bit
Linux machine.  And, if you can, please share your
$NAWIPS/config/Makefile.linux.

Code test.f:
     program test
     call in_bdta(iret)
     u = 5
     v = 4
     spd = pr_sped(u,v)
     print *,'spd = ',spd
     stop
     end

Compile and run:
 ifort test.f $GEMLIB/gemlib.a -lg2c; a.out

Correct answer:
spd = 6.403124
64-bit Linux box answer:
spd =  -1.0842022E-19

Cheers,

David
--
David Ovens              e-mail: ovens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108