Re: Problems decoding GRIB2 GFS Ensemble grids

Kevin and all...

I added the PD# 2 and 12 entries (eg Derived forecast based on all ensemble
members at a point in time, and Derived forecast based on all ensemble members
for a time interval) for the gavg and gspr files as well and updated the tables
posted.

Also, for the 5.9.4 distribution, I have added a %ens% file name template to
the dcgrib2 decoder so that the individual members, average, spread etc can be
written to individual files using a single filename pattern.  The GEMPAK
ens_xxx() functions will enable you to compute derived and probabalistic
quantities based on the individual members using the GDFILE={file(s)} syntax. I
am adding information to the tutorial and examples pages to illustrate these
capabilities.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support