replacement(s) for Peter Neilley's weather program?

Hi all,
We are looking to reduce our dependence on Peter Neilley's weather
program, perhaps eliminating it altogether. We would like to replace it
with software that is currently supported and expected to be supported
in the future, has equivalent or similar functions, is scriptable, etc.

Has anyone found replacement functionality in gempak or other software?
If gempak, did you have to write your own separate gempak scripts per
weather program function?
Thanks,
-Neil
--
Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.         neils@xxxxxxxx
Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272 FAX:979/862-4466