size limits in GEMPLT GF driver?

Hi all - I seem to have bumped up against a size limit in the GEMPLT GF driver, which is maybe the physical size of my console. Is there a straightforward way to get around this?

The job at hand is to create fine-scale global base maps for use in other applications; I really want to end up with a raw file of unsigned bytes of value 0 or 1, so another driver would be fine as long as I can manipulate its output into a raw byte field on Unix (SGI), Mac, or PC. [Or is there a raw byte field driver?]

My apologies in advance if this is an old topic - just point me to the relevant thread.

Regards,
George

--
George J. Huffman, Ph.D.  (Voice)  +1 301-614-6308
Sci. Sys. & Appl., Inc.   (FAX)    +1 301-614-5492