From: Chris Lander <clander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:47:41 -0330
Subject: Setting up Gempak

I am new to GEMPAK and Linux in general, so please bear with me.

I am trying to install GEMPAK5.9.1 on Ubuntu Linux.  I have been
following the installation instructions on the Unidata website and so
far I have:

created NAWIPS symbolic link
typed $NAWIPS: source Gemenviron
        -not sure if it did anything as nothing happened
typed $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/gen_pqact.csh
        -got following output:
            "set GEMTBL environmental variable before running script"

How do I set the GEMTBL/GEMPAK environmental variables and what do I set
them too?

If this is not the right user group please direct me to a better one.
------- End of Original Message -------