Kevin and Mike,
I determined that the old NCDC products used 4 "\0" characters instead
of 4 " " characters in the old header bytes 21-24 where the station ID
check is performed. I made a fix for this in GEMPAK5.7.3:
Your $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im/imrnex2.c file should have a timestamp of
Aug 31, 2004. If not, that is your trouble.
If you still have trouble, verify that your datatype.tbl file
is from the same distribution, as the format of the bin column has
changed between 5.7.4 and 5.8.1.
Unidata User Support
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 12:17, Kevin R. Tyle wrote:
Just to clarify: by "5.7.4sp", Mike is referring to a locally-enhanced
version of GEMPAK 5.7.4, which
contains some speed improvements we are evaluating. This should not be
relevant with regards to