Re: supported OS's for Gempak

The problems are mainly in GARP... One of the crashes occurs when your doing a loop of
SAT/NEXRAD over model data (or some other overlay), and then hit "clear" (as
Robert M. said). Another problem I seem to have (not sure whether its FC 2, or something
in GEMPAK), is whenever I first open GARP, I have to re-configure the METAR data, because
it's set to WSYM, and nothing else (no barbs, etc.). Also, when I do a loop, my mouse
cursor blinks rather quickly, and gets very annoying -- I just re-installed RH 9.0 back
on my display workstation and none of these problems seem to exist, so I automatically
associated them with FC 2 (haven't tried FC 1 or 3). Also, WDSS 2 (NSSL app) has no
support under Fedora, which also dictated my switch back over the RH 9.0. For the sake of
simplicity, my LDM machine will remain under FC 2, since there is yet to be any problems.

I also agree that it's a pain to switch over, and I only have a few machines,
LOL...

Robert Dewey

Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which programs are causing problems? I'm interested, as I've really not seen any. I'm not *THAT* dedicated to a given OS, save the pain in trying to change all our systems for configuration control.

gerry