  From: Robin, Alexandre
  To: Max Martinez ; Ben Domenico ; Peter Baumann
  Cc: Unidata Techies ; Unidata GALEON ; wcs-2.0.swg ; Carl Reed
  Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:01 AM
  Subject: RE: [WCS-2.0.swg] CF-netCDF standards initiatives

  Ben,

  I hope we don't have to define a NEW standard but rather work with you to see
how we can treat your use cases with SWE Common (which already incorporates
some NetCDF concepts and is VERY close to NcML).

  I already looked at the issue and writing a converter (even the 'on the fly'
kind) between the two formats should be no problem at all.

  Bringing legacy formats (be them pseudo-defacto standards of a community)
into OGC is NOT going to help interoperability across domains.

  Regards,

  Alexandre Robin

  Spot Image, Web and E-Business

  Tel: +33 (0)5 62 19 43 62

  Fax: +33 (0)5 62 19 43 43

  http://www.spotimage.com

  Before printing, think about the environment