Re: Question on converting TIFF to ps using convert

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Gilbert,
     we use the netpbm package rather than convert.

/usr/local/bin/tifftopnm $file | pnmtops -w 11 -h 17 | lp -d $printer

This seems to work pretty well.
We got the package sometime ago from
* wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4),
 directory /graphics/graphics/packages/NetPBM

Not sure if it is still there, but a search for netpbm might bring you joy ;-)

David

Hello all,

I am using the linux/unix "convert" command to change FTP'd DiFAX maps into
Postscript files to print them. Since an upgrade to Redhat 7.3, the output PS files have
grown from ~1.5 MB to 13 MB. Is there any way I can make them smaller? My printer (HP
LaserJet 4000) is choking on them due to the large size. Any help greatly appreciated.

  • Search the difax archives: