Re: DIFAX ftp site

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Bill,

We haven't had any problems getting difax images.

However, we don't use the NWS ftp site, but use their web site in a similar fashion to
download the products via "lynx" on one of our unix boxes. For example, the
following line:

 /usr/local/bin/lynx -source "http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/QYAA00.TIF"; >
tmp_difax.tif

basically does the same thing as an ftp transfer (although not quite as fast).
Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574

Bill Cottrill wrote:

Good day all,

IS anyone else using the NWS ftp site for DIFAX downloads? If so are you having
problems getting data? If not can we speak so I can fix the problems we are
having here?

Thanks
BC

  • Search the difax archives: