Re: DIFAX ftp site

Bill,

We haven't had any problems getting difax images.

However, we don't use the NWS ftp site, but use their web site in a similar fashion to
download the products via "lynx" on one of our unix boxes. For example, the
following line:

 /usr/local/bin/lynx -source "http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/QYAA00.TIF"; >
tmp_difax.tif

basically does the same thing as an ftp transfer (although not quite as fast).
Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574

Bill Cottrill wrote:

Good day all,

IS anyone else using the NWS ftp site for DIFAX downloads? If so are you having
problems getting data? If not can we speak so I can fix the problems we are
having here?

Thanks
BC