Re: Alden update...

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Just my 2 cents worth about difax -- similar to what Larry is doing, we ftp the
difax charts in tiff format from the nws site.  We do this from a vax system,
but using cron would give the same results.  I have a separate file for each
time, retrieving only the charts that should be ready at that time.  These are
then stuck on a shared directory on an nt machine and we use an image viewer to
look at them.  We archive them on the vax in case we want to go back.  The
viewer allows printing if needed, and magnification -- the images are pretty
sharp.  So as long as NWS makes them, we will continue to grab them.  And this
is free.

Frank Colby
UMass Lowell

  • Search the difax archives: