Re: Alden update...

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

A question relative to the Unisys DIFAX charts and the PNG format:

Is this the product format you get over the Ku-band?

The DIFAX maps we get from Unisys are PCX format.  The PNG format charts Dan
Vietor is/was experimenting with may be the next phase of Unisys DIFAX.  He
gave me some (as digital files) to look at.  They are sweet.

I get my Unisys DIFAX charts by ftp'ing to Unisys once an hour (via cron), 24
times a day.  Not a very elegant system.  SIO gets no weather data via
satellite anymore.  We were a Zephyr/Alden C-band customer at one time.  We
went from there directly to the IDD.

Where we'll go after we stop doing business with Unisys, I don't know.

Larry

  • Search the difax archives: