Re: DIFAX update

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi all,

I should also add that Chiz has demonstrated facilities that allow GEMPAK users
to generate the equivalent of DIFAX maps from the Redbook graphics products
available on NOAAPORT.   He and Jeff Weber are looking into how these fit in
with the products Michael is creating.  In any case, our usual approach is to
try to provide tools for processing the data to produce products at the user
sites.   But, if sites want to experiment with the distribution of Michaels
processed products from U of Wisconsin, there are precedents for that as well.

We'd definitely like to hear your view in this, Jim.

-- Ben