Re: your mail

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Wed, 12 Apr 1995, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

LDM Users: I am trying to document progress regarding the conversion of GS-3
  format maps to a TIFF or PCX format (printable)...Can you tell me
  as to the progress of the conversion and also the progress regarding
  the software which converts to the new format?...Thanks!

There is no effort underway at Unidata to create software to do what you want.
There is a publically available package of graphics conversion utilities,
called netpbm, that most people are using.  you can get the package via
anonymous FTP from:

        ftp.cs.ubc.ca
        ftp/archive/netpbm

Beyond that, I don't know of any other way to do it.

Mitch
Mitchell S. Baltuch                        Unidata Program Center
Software Engineer                          Univ. Corp for Atmospheric Research
mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the difax archives: