[decoders] (no subject)

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [decoders] (no subject)
  • From: rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Conan mailman dropoff and relay)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:51:00 -0600 (MDT)
doing -bs
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:50:50 -0600 (MDT)
From: Robb Kambic <rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eduardo.barbosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc: decoders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, decoders <support-decoders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [decoders] Could not find table

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, eduardo.barbosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone could help me with the following error message?
>
> Could not find table for center:46 subcenter:0 number:-1
> ucar.grib.NotSupportedException: Could not find a table entry for GRIB file
> with center: 46 subCenter: 0 number: 128
>        at

Hiya Eduardo,

looking for a table for that has center: 46 subCenter: 0 number: 128

ucar.grib.grib1.GribPDSParamTable.getParameterTable(GribPDSParamTable.java:278)
>        at

ucar.grib.grib1.Grib1ProductDefinitionSection.<init>(Grib1ProductDefinitionSection.java:388)
>        at ucar.grib.grib1.Grib1Input.scan(Grib1Input.java:146)
>        at ucar.grib.grib1.Grib1Indexer.writeFileIndex(Grib1Indexer.java:91)
>        at recortes.Grib.read(Grib.java:58)
>        at recortes.Main.main(Main.java:86)
>
> What does it mean???
>
> I tried to update the "grib-6.0.jar" file including my tables and using that
> command (Windows OS):

ok, the commands to update the jars are very particular about paths and
names. look at the jar using

% jar tvf grib-6.0.jar

resources/grib/tables/tablelookup.lst

> lib> jar -uf grib-6.0.jar ..\resourses\grib\tables\mytable128.tab
> ..\resourses\grib\tables\tableslookup.lst

so the command should look like:

% jar -uf grib-6.0.jar resourses\grib\tables\inpegrib_glb.tab
resourses\grib\tables\tableslookup.lst

according to what you named the table below.

after you are done look at the jar again with the tvf flags.

> The table required (number 128) starts like it:
>
> -1:46:-1:128
> 001:PRES  :Pressure                           Pa
> 002:PMSL  :Pressure reduced to MSL            Pa
> 003:PTND  :Pressure tendency                  Pa s**-1
> 004:PVOR  :Potential vorticity                Km**2 kg**-1 s**-1

your table format needs to be changed to the standard NWS format of:

3:PTEND:Pressure tendency [Pa/s]

If you send me the the table, I'll add it into the list of tables and you
will not have to go through this process again in later releases.

> , and in the "tableslookup.lst" I have:

> 38:     0:     2: beijing_v2.tab
> 46:     0:   128: inpegrib_glb.tab
> 54:     0:     2: cmcgem_2.tab

this is correct.

Looks like only a few minor mistakes. Let me know if you run into any
problems.

Robb....