Re: 20041207: Unidata decoder question

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Dazhong Yin wrote:

Robb,

Thanks for the reply! I commented out those lines and ran syn2nc again.
It only generated the netcdf header and gave the following message:
    Opening ./2003120600_syn.nc with ncid 3
    Minute '60' out of range 0..59 at /bl3/yin/bin/syn2nc line 982
Another run I got Monthe '-1" our of range. There is no real data record
in the output netcdf file.  Please let me what could be the problem.

I don't have much knowledge of  perl. I was wondering why the decoders
worked before for me, but it was not at this machine. I used them to
decode the historical data( for July 1999, this time data is for Dec,
2003)  too.

dazhong,

there must be something else going on in the decoder, maybe a old decoder
release will work better for you. how about reverting back to a release
before the real time checks where coded, say release decoders-3.0.1.tar.Z
it is in the ftp directory

at this point this is probably the quickest resolution.

robb...

Regards,

Dazhong

Robb Kambic wrote:

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

dazhong,

the problem is that the syn2nc decoder has been made more strict on the
data it permits to be decoded, so it only decodes data less than 24 hr
old. looking at your data, it's older data. i plan in a future release to
have a flag to permit older than 24 hour data. in the mean time, you can
modify the decoder by commenting out the lines by entering a # at the
beginning of the line that restrict the data.

in syn2nc

lines 248-256  add the # at beginning of line
lines 279-296  add the # at beginning of line

this should solve your problem

robb...

>Thanks a lot,
>
>Dazhong