Re: Converting GRIB To NetCDF

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Daryl Herzmann wrote:

Hi Robb,

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Robb Kambic wrote:

> ps daryl these are grib 1 files not grib 2 files. Dec 6 there will be a
> decoders release w/ grib 2 decoders and utilities in java, so it will be
> platform independant.

The NDFD decoder supports both 1 and 2.

i didn't know that.  the idea we are working on is to leave the grib files
intact and set a Netcdf API on top of them so they appear as a Netcdf
file. this is becoming important cuz there is a 5-20 expansion when
converting to Netcdf. the grib2 files are about 300-600 megs so this is
important.

robb...

daryl

--