RE: Tony Hansen request for assistance

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Hansen, Anthony R.  wrote:

Robb;
        Thanks for the information about THREDDS and the examples you
included in your e-mail.  I think we can use this to get most of what we
need from the MetarServer.  The exact syntax of the response doesn't
really matter and I think we can parse the XML code as easily as
anything else.  If we have any questions, I'll be in touch.  One

Tony,

Glad you can use this service.

additional question is, can we access the co-ordinate data on the
positions of fronts that HPC puts out through THREDDS also?  We need to
acquire frontal position data from somewhere for our forecast exercise
and it would be convenient to be able to get that through your
web-services also.

At this time THREDDS doesn't have frontal position data on a server, but
it's in the planning stages. It could be finished by the fall but I can't
make any promises.

Robb..

        Thanks for your attention to this, and we'll keep
you posted on
how our project is proceeding.  Our goal is to have it ready for the
coming fall semester.

Tony

Tony Hansen
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN  56301

Phone:  320-255-2009