Re: metar decoder

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

Robb,

I've been starting a quick-n-dirty script to parse METAR from Texas
Tech's West Tx Mesonet, for the "greater" Texas Mesonet.  I stumbled
across a reference suggesting you have an extant perl script.  If so,
could I snag a copy somewhere?

I've got a timestamped file I'm ingesting via LDM and I'd like to flog
the data thru it, and hack the script to write to PostGres immediately.

What do you think?

Jerry,

You could take the metar2nc ( METAR converter to NetCDF ) decoder and
write out your  PostGres format.  YOu would have to hack the NetCDF calls
out of the decoder.

The decoders page is locate at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders

Should give you all the info you need. You need to download the complete
package to get metar2nc.

Robb...

Thanks, Gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: