Re: AVN GrIb to netcdf

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Vasso Kotroni wrote:

Dear Robb

thank you for your reply
I have downloaded the latest version of decoders (decoders-2.4.4)
and installed it in my LINUX system.
Then i applied it to an avn 1x1 deg global file and the results is the
following
gribdump works prefectly
gribtocdl works perfecltly and i produced a cdl file that i attach (00.cdl)
then i am doing
gribtonc and it stops with a segmentation fault
(indeed i execute $gribtonc -v 00.cdl 00.nc <mygribfile)
It begins to write into the 00.nc but writes only the headers (i checked
with the ncdump)
Do you have an idea what is happening?
Did you do it in LINUX

Vasso,

I'm at a loss here, I used your cdl 00.cdl and it converted a avn 1x1
degree grid with no problem. I was using a decoders-2.4.4.tar.Z, linux 7.3
system and the gcc compiler.  You might want to set CC first,

in csh use
% setenv CC gcc
or borne, bash, etc
% CC=gcc;export CC

Make sure to run:

% make distclean
% ./configure

again.

Also when you run gribtonc set a log file, ie

% gribtonc -vl log 00.cdl avn.nc < onedeg

The log file should have errors in it.   You could send me the log file,
that should help. If the file is large, remove the -v flag because
critical errors will still be written to log

Robb...

I would appreciate any help
best regards
Vasso