Re: gribtonc: cdl for CMC data

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Rorik Peterson wrote:

Robb,
        Thanks for the help.  I'm using a cdl that is simply a hack of the
one you wrote for the nogaps data recently.  You can find the cdl file and
the most recent CMC data I recieved via LDM at

http://puff.images.alaska.edu/cmc

If I compile gribtonc from version 2.3.8 of the decoders distribution, I
only get 475 of the 511 records in the grib file.  All eta level data is
missing.  If I add
    case LEVEL_ETAL:
at line 710 of nc.c and recompile, I get all 511 records.

Rorik,

Your fix is correct, the bad news is that some of the other levels are not
in the switch that you mention on line 710 nc.c.  I'm persuming that the
data for those missing levels was not written either. Looks like I need to
do some checking to make sure all the variables are being written.  Thanks
for finding this problem.

RObb...

Although I don't think it is a problem with the original grib data, here
is my pqact.conf entry for the CMC data:

CMC     CMC_GEM_reg_.*_.*_([12][0-9][0-9][0-9])([0-1][0-9])([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-
9])_(.*).grib
        FILE    /export/home/ldm/data/cmc/\1\2\3\4_cmc.cmcgem

thanks for your help.

rorik

-----------------------------
Rorik Peterson