Re: 20020423: NOGAPS GRIB data CDL

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, FSU COAPS Unidata LDM wrote:

Robb,

If you need, I can send you some data files. They are in standard
GRIB (WMO, edition 1) format.

Wendy,

If you put one file (largest one) on a ftp server then I could get it. It
would help a bunch.

Robb...

We also asked help from FNMOC, Navy and as they say, we need a bunch of
stuffs (like grib library, locnet library...) and the configuration is
also kind of complicated. So if you could generate the CDL file which
could be used as parameter of gribtonc, it really saves us a lot of time.

Thank you very much!

--
Wendy Shi
Senior Computer Programmer-Analyst

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Robb Kambic wrote:

> > gribtonc to convert GRIB to NCDF?
> If the file follows the standard GRIB format then I should be able to
> create a cdl file for gribtonc. Will let you know when I get the raw grib
> file.
> > Robb... > > > > > > > --
> > Wendy Shi
> > Senior Computer Programmer-Analyst
> > Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)
> > Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306
> > http://www.coaps.fsu.edu
> > > NOGAPS. Nobody has requested it before so it hasn't been considered. I
> > > will obtain some NOGAPS data and take a look at it. I'll let you know the
> > > results probably in a day.
> > > Robb Kambic                                 Unidata Program Center
> > > Software Engineer III                       Univ. Corp for Atmospheric
Research
> > > rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

> Robb Kambic                                   Unidata Program Center
> Software Engineer III                         Univ. Corp for Atmospheric
Research
> rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: