Re: 20001110: SPECI's in pqsurf

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Peter,

The problem was speci reports were grouped together in a bulletin that had
a metar header. So the speci reports were ignored.

I believe the problem is that some of the "beta" releases of ldm-5.1.2 did
not have the following fix in the code.  Here's the log messages for the
missing speci type reports.

               Changed pqsurf/surf_split.c to handle SPECI reports that
               arrive in METAR bulletins.

revision 1.32
date: 2000/08/07 19:37:42;  author: rkambic;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -1
added code to catch SPECIs reports that arrive under METAR reports.

I would reinstall/rebuild the latest release or just get the latest binary
release and use the new pqsurf program, this should fix the problem.
I heard that you quit RAP?  What's the scoop.

Robb...