Re: Decoders

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Matthew Maschmann wrote:

Robb,

Now that I have decoders successfully configured, I need one last piece of
advice to put me over the hump.  I am running the ldm server, but none of
my data is getting decoded.  Here is an example from my pqact.conf file.
Can you spot anything incorrect about the syntax?  Nothing is getting
created in the data/decoded directory, but the information is getting
filed correctly from the FILE command.

DDS|IDS ^U[ABDEFGHIJKLMPQRSTXZ].... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
STDIOFILE data/ncar/upperair/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2_upa.wmo # DDS|IDS ^U[ABDEFGHIJKLMPQRSTXZ].... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        PIPE /usr/local/ldm/decoders*/src/upperair/ua2nc
        /usr/local/ldm/decoders*/src/upperair/ua.cdl
        data/decoded/upperair

Matt,

Here's the pqact entry UPC uses, note the white space are tabs.  For your
entry, I noticed *'s in the entry.  A way to test the entries is to cd to
LDMHOME and copy the entry onto the command line, redirecting the STDIN
from the raw input file.

Robb...

# upper air perl decoder
DDS|IDS ^U[ABDEFGHIJKLMPQRSTXZ].... .... ([0-3][0-9])
       PIPE    /usr/local/ldm/decoders/ua2nc
               etc/raob.cdl
               data/decoded
               (\1:yy)(\1:mm)

There are more examples in the README.perlDecoders file with the
distribution.

I checked, and the syntax is correct, so it isn't a spacing problem.  Can
you spot anything wrong?

Thanks,
Matt

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/