19990125: grib to netcdf

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Missy,
Gribtonc is one of the programs in the decoders package available
from our anonymous ftp server ftp.unidata.ucar.edu under the directory
pub/decoders/decoders.tar.Z. You can find more information on the
decoders distribution at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders/

The other programs you mention, dcgrib and nagrib are part of the
GEMPAK distribution and are used for decoding GRIB data into
GEMPAK grid files.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

>From: richeym@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Melissa Richey)

>Hi -
>
>I checked with Celia Chen and she could not find gribtonc, neither could
>the sys admin on duty. Celia and I found two programs- dcgrib and
>nagrib. Are they related in any way?
>What do you suggest?
>
>Thank you-
>Missy Richey
>

>+
>+ >From: richeym@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Melissa Richey)
>+
>+ Missy,
>+
>+ >I am looking for software to convert files in GRIB format to
>+ >NetCDF format. Does such software exist?
>+
>+ Yes, our gribtonc application does just this.  Since RAP is running
>+ our LDM, it is likely that you already have access to this application
>+ in-house.  Check with Celia Chen or another system administration in
>+ RAP to get the access/location information.
>+
>+ >Thank you-
>+ >Missy Richey
>+
>+ Tom Yoksas
>+ Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
>+ (303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000
>+ support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307
>+ Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
>+

  • Search the decoders archives: