Re: [data-curation] AWOS Sites Not Yet Available Through NADIN On NOAAPort

  • To: "Boris A. Konon" <trwplusa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [data-curation] AWOS Sites Not Yet Available Through NADIN On NOAAPort
  • From: Michael Graf - NOAA Federal <michael.graf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:41:08 -0500
fyi...anything in the CONUS with a 4 letter Alpha-numeric will never go on
NADIN.

Example from this list....

U76      MOUNTAIN HOME             ID *...his is Ok, because if ever routed
via the NWSTG/WMSCR it would go as KU76
75IS     CHICAGO/LURIE             IL...Not ok...we do not route 5 letter
idents. In this case K75IS

Users that get saddled with these 4 letter alpha-numerics due to the FAA
rules won't see longline dissemination unless it's via another method, or
the ident gets changed to a three letter alpha-numeric. The K indicates the
product is from the CONUS, similarly a P indicates a geographical location
like Alaska or the Pacific.

Mike

--
Michael L. Graf