Re: [Data-curation] unknown METAR locations, short list (11Sep2017)

Regarding KHME, I'm of the thought that this is not a US owned/operated
station, due to the fact that it is distributed under an Iranian WMO
header.  The letters used would make sense if the site was named in honor
of one of their supreme leaders, but that bit is conjecture on my part.

For KNOZ, on the google maps link Ken sent, I think the maker is in the
correct place(zoom out to see it), but the zoomed in satellite imagery on
google maps is out of date (or has been digitally altered,)  Zooming out to
a sufficent level shows the new airfield construction very close to the
marker location.  If you have an ArcOnline acct you should be able to view
more recent (or unaltered) small scale imagery to see the airfield.  I
think the maker location is also the same that was distributed in a FAA
facilities database update a year or two ago.

-Eric

  • Search the data-curation archives: