Re: [Data-curation] SA formatted messages from Canada in FM 15 METAR designated WMO headers?

  • To: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Data-curation] SA formatted messages from Canada in FM 15 METAR designated WMO headers?
  • From: Stephen Adams <sadams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:02:04 -0500
Daryl,

The SA code was the precursor to METAR. SA stands for Surface Airways I
believe. Why the Canadians are so insistent about continuing to output data
in this outdated format, I can't say. The old WXP decoder "sacvt" can
decode this format.

Steve
Stephen D. Adams
Vice President - Research and Development
AWIS Weather Services, Inc.
1735 East University Drive, Suite 101
Auburn, AL 36830-5204

Website: http://www.awis.com