Re: [conduit] Large CONDUIT latencies to UW-Madison idd.aos.wisc.edu starting the last day or two.

  • To: Carissa Klemmer - NOAA Federal <carissa.l.klemmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [conduit] Large CONDUIT latencies to UW-Madison idd.aos.wisc.edu starting the last day or two.
  • From: Karen Cooper - NOAA Affiliate <karen.cooper@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:06:45 -0600
NSSL uses the Boulder TIC, so it may have been a Colorado problem.   Also,
our problems actually started on Thursday -- (my memory is getting bad).

I switched us over to a back up IRADS server for data, and the problem has
not recurred.

The problem is, that the latencies were intermittent.  I at first thought
it was just a few hours early Thursday morning (11Z-13Z), but then it
happened again mid-day Thursday (17Z-19Z).   Which makes me wonder if it's
model data or something saturating the network and throttling us.

I then made a switch to the OU IRADS backup server, and am not sure if I
would have seen it again.

This morning I started up one of my backup servers, and now I'm connected
to both of OU's IRADS servers separately to see if either or both of them
are still having the issue.  I plan to leave it running that way for most
of the day today for testing.