Re: [conduit] Large CONDUIT lag from some top levels began after 12 UTC May 16

  • To: Carissa Klemmer - NOAA Federal <carissa.l.klemmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [conduit] Large CONDUIT lag from some top levels began after 12 UTC May 16
  • From: Pete Pokrandt <poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:26:41 -0500
Carissa,

Thanks for the update.

I also received an email from the NOAA systems support group suggesting they are aware of, and investigating the issue:

----
Subject: ESRL/GSD model data outages, starting 18Z 5/16/2015

NOAA/ESRL/GSD Data Users,

We have been experiencing degraded download rates from the
NCEP ftp server to ESRL/GSD since about 18Z on Saturday 5/16.
As a result downloads of critical data sets needed as inputs
to GSD models have been failing, leading to outages or spotty
coverage for a number of experimental models run at GSD,
including HRRR, RAP, and FIM.

This appears to be a broader network issue than just between
NOAA/ESRL and NCEP. The Boulder Network Operations Center
has been notified, and is investigating.

----

Also I was contacted by the Byrd Polar and Climate Research center at OSU asking us about the lag on CONDUIT data that they are feeding from us. Their AMPS model isn't starting, presumably due to the delays or missing data.

Pete