Re: [conduit] Removal of 500 and 1000 hPa height anomaly fields from GFS

  • To: "Tyle, Kevin R" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [conduit] Removal of 500 and 1000 hPa height anomaly fields from GFS
  • From: Greg Thompson <gthompsn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:17:52 -0700
Yes, this is a bit disappointing because I've had that product showing for
years also.  It can always be re-created from opening some reanalysis
product that is an average, but the ease of plotting a single 2D field,
which hardly added any real volume to the files, was made it so attractive.

--Greg Thompson,  NCAR-RAL