[community] January 2020 Unidata Update

Hello Unidata community,

In case you missed it -- here's a wrap-up of what's been going on at the
Unidata Program Center in January:

Unidata Update: January 2020
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/unidata-update-january-2020>

A couple of especially important things this month:

   1. Unidata is in the middle of conducting a community survey to guide
   our future development efforts for our analysis and visualization software
   packages. We *really *need your feedback to understand where we should
   put our resources so we can best meet your needs. The survey is quite short
   — it should take roughly five minutes to complete — and will help us
   understand how we can best support the Unidata community going forward. If
   you haven't already, please take a few minutes to complete the Unidata
   2020 Community Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Unidata2020>. We
   appreciate your help!

   2. Two Unidata Users Workshops are scheduled for March 6 and March 13,
   2020. Learn more and express your interest in attending here

<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/coming-soon-2020-unidata-users>
   .

Some other highlights:

   - Unidata is looking for a Software Developer
   - Nominate someone for the Russell L. DeSouza Award for Outstanding
   Community Service
   - AMS Conference Highlights from the Unidata staff
   - And don't forget: we're accepting proposals for the Unidata 2020
   Community Equipment Awards

Thanks for your interest!
Doug Dirks and the Unidata Staff

--