Re: [cf-satellite] very rough draft of way to represent band

On 7/26/2011 8:57 AM, Jim Biard wrote:
Tom,

I used "the_image" because I was too lazy to hunt up a proper name. I think the standard name for the image data will vary widely depending on the contents. It could be brightness temperature, radiance, or something else altogether. I don't think there will be a single standard name.

I agree, I would seperate these two concerns :

1) standard names for satellite data. An ongoing project. You will want to review current standard names (they are in the thousands), and try to fit into existing conventions.

2) conventions for satellite data, including a few standard names for common coordinates that are specific to remote sensors.