[cf-satellite] very rough draft of way to represent band

Hi.

I thought it might be useful to throw out a very rough draft of the sort of thing I think we are talking about for representing bands. So here is a bit of CDL.

netcdf file:/san3/npp/jbiard/NcmlSamples/band_ideas.ncml {
 dimensions:
   bandit = 4;
   lines = 5000;
   samples = 5000;
 variables:
   float image(bandit=4, lines=5000, samples=5000);
     :coordinates = "bandit polarization wavelength bandwidth";
     :units = "W m-2";
     :long_name = "the image";
     :standard_name = "the_image";
   short bandit(bandit=4);
     :axis = "index";
     :long_name = "band";
     :standard_name = "band";
   float wavelength(bandit=4);
     :coordinates = "bandit";
     :units = "um";
     :long_name = "center wavelength";
     :standard_name = "radiation_center_wavelength";
   float bandwidth(bandit=4);
     :coordinates = "bandit";
     :units = "um";
     :long_name = "bandwidth";
     :standard_name = "radiation_bandwidth";
   short polarization(bandit=4);
     :coordinates = "bandit";
     :units = "radians";
     :long_name = "polarization";
     :standard_name = "radiation_polarization";
}

--
Jim Biard

Government Contractor, STG Inc.
Remote Sensing and Applications Division (RSAD)
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001

jim.biard@xxxxxxxx