Re: [cf-satellite] cf-satellite prototype beta, polarization

  • To: Esben Stigård Nielsen <esn@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [cf-satellite] cf-satellite prototype beta, polarization
  • From: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:21:54 -0600
Hello --

We are still discussing how much sensor-related, specific information
should be included in our attempts to create a basic set of
conventions that would allow applications to at least recognize the
data as multi-banded, satellite data.

At present, I do not believe the "polarization" metadata falls within
the scope of what we are trying to accomplish; therefore I would
encourage you to either include this information in the "long_name"
attribute, or create a new attribute and submit a "standard name" for
it...following the spirit of the information here:
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/formats/DataDiscoveryAttConvention.html>

Best wishes,

tom