Re: [awips2-users] AWIPS INSTALLATION ERROR

I, too, have experienced this same problem, although it was with installing
CAVE on CentOS 7 (I haven’t tried installing EDEX on CentOS 7).

Using the latest install.sh script, it downloads the awips2 repo, but then
doesn't find anything to install, on CentOS 7.4.1708:

# ./install.sh --cave
wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/awips2.repo
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/el7.repo
--2018-02-20 14:06:46--
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/el7.repo
Resolving www.unidata.ucar.edu (www.unidata.ucar.edu)... 128.117.149.20
Connecting to www.unidata.ucar.edu
(www.unidata.ucar.edu)|128.117.149.20|:443... connected.
Length: 141 [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘/etc/yum.repos.d/awips2.repo’

100%[============================>] 141         --.-K/s   in 0s

2018-02-20 14:06:47 (6.98 MB/s) - ‘/etc/yum.repos.d/awips2.repo’ saved [141/141]

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
* base: mirrors.tripadvisor.com
* epel: mirrors.mit.edu
* extras: reflector.westga.edu
* updates: mirrors.lga7.us.voxel.net
Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

A verbose manual groupinstall shows yum is skipping the needed packages for
CAVE. Why, I don't know.

# yum -v groupinstall awips2-cave
Adding en_US.UTF-8 to language list
Config time: 0.012
Yum version: 3.4.3
rpmdb time: 0.000
Setting up Package Sacks
* base: mirrors.sorengard.com
* epel: mirrors.mit.edu
* extras: reflector.westga.edu
* updates: mirrors.cmich.edu
pkgsack time: 1.135
group time: 1.309
Skipping package awips2-python-matplotlib from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-shapely from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2 from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-tables from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-h5py from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-java from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-pytz from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-gfesuite from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-notification from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-gfe from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-jep from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-cython from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-scientific from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-werkzeug from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-awips from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-six from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-pyparsing from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-dateutil from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-cave-wrapper from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-python-numpy from group awips2-cave
Skipping package awips2-cave from group awips2-cave
Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

The workaround that fixed the problem for me was to manually yum install each
these packages individually (i.e. without the groupinstall):
# yum install awips2 awips2-python* awips2-cave* awips2-gfe* awips2-notif*

I suspect a similar workaround would be successful to install the required EDEX
packages and any dependencies on CentOS 7.

-Jason

My email address is changing to Jason.Kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On July 1, 2018, Lyndon State will join with Johnson State to become Northern
Vermont University!
Learn more: NorthernVermont.edu

Jason Kaiser
Atmospheric Sciences Data Systems Administrator
ASAC 308
Lyndon State College
Office: 802-626-6685
http://meteorology.lyndonstate.edu