From: awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Michael James
<mjames@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 2:12 PM
To: Christopher Hennon
Cc: awips2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Status of GOES-16 imagery on cloud server?

Hi Chris,

The Windows client does not include the latest update or the GOES-R display
plugins.  I've been unable to release a working 17.1.1 Windows client and have
shelved it for now, only supporting updates on Mac and Linux.

Because of this, I can not recommend Windows workstations for AWIPS at this
time.  CentOS 6 or 7 Linux, or macOS, are the only currently supported
operating systems for CAVE.   I feel bad leaving that 16.2.2 Windows client out
there but to download and install but having an old client available is better
than no client available.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Christopher Hennon