Re: [awips2-users] Fwd: awips2

Hi everyone,
I'd like to report I finally got cave to work on my server. CAVE kept
crashing with a segmentation fault.every time I tried to do anything. Both
Michael James and Michael Sabino thought is was a video driver or openGL
problem (guess what they where right).  My system had a ATI Radeon hd4350
video card. I first installed the catalyst 10.10 driver but all I kept
getting is the Segfault error. I tried the latest catalyst 13.1 driver.
Cave would get a little further but it still segfaulted. Michael Sabino
said he was using an NVidia on has system that was working, so i installed
an NVidia card I have in my stash and installed the latest NVidia driver
for the card and everything started working :)

Steven Boring

Network & Computer Services
College of Science
San Jose State University