Re: [awips2-users] CPU load on EDEX/LDM server

  • To: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] CPU load on EDEX/LDM server
  • From: "Tyle, Kevin R" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:10:53 +0000
Yessir, (or should I say Yes,sar), that sounds like a good idea.

I may sound hopelessly simpleminded, but I've never figured out a good way to
really interpret what I see in a typical top output.  Often times, even if I
list the loads on each individual CPU, they sum up to nowhere near what the
total CPU load I see with "uptime", "w", or the "top" of "top".  Any
suggestions would be welcome.

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578