Unidata AWIPS 16.2.2 is a new set RPMs which are designed to fully update existing 16.1.5 CAVE and EDEX installations. To update CAVE or EDEX, simply run the installCAVE.sh or installEDEX.sh scripts.
16.2.2 Release Notes
- CAVE is supported on CentOS/Red Hat 7 (x86_64), installed via the same installCAVE.sh script (the script will determine CentOS version and point to https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/el7.repo for el7)
- EDEX is not available for CentOS/Red Hat 7 at this time.
- CAVE is now installed as two packages (awips2-cave, awips2-cave-wrapper) rather than as individual component packages.
- GOES-R product sub-menus added to D2D Satellite menu.
- National ingest of BufrUA soundings (previous versions filtered location to WFO localization).
- AlertViz has been replaced by AlertView.
- CAVE added to Gnome menus under Applications > Internet > AWIPS CAVE.
- LDM can be started and stopped by both awips and root users, solving the process ownership conflict which happened when root issued an ldmadmin start or stop after the service was already started by user awips.
- NAWIPS-like colorized surface temperature bundle added to the Surface Obs menu.
- EDEX purge scours raw data to within 1 hr, freeing more than 100 GB of space (LDM scour would scour to within 24hrs).
- Updated NUCAPS NSHARP plugin to color sounding locations based on quality control flag.
- Product ingest fix for nctext decoder.
- NEXRAD Display plugin for D2D with selectable stations to load level 3 site products and map bundles.
- NCEP's Day-Night Terminator overlay resource now available to plot in D2D perspective.
- Every WFO and 88D location now has its own map scale, WFOs selectable in the D2D Map Scales dropdown, 88Ds selectable via Radar > NEXRAD Display.
- Restart button added to CAVE Localization Preferences, made active when site or localization info is updated.
CAVE 16.2.2 status
- You may need to remove ~/caveData (or ~/Library/CAVE on Mac) after updating CAVE (if you are re-connecting to the same EDEX server your bundles and other customizations will be re-synced).
- As root you may need to re-source /etc/profile.d/awips2.sh
- Support requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by $entry.creator.screenName