Version 4.7.4 of the netCDF-C library was made available March 27, 2020. This release includes a number of enhancements including (but are not limited to):
- Support for HDF5-1.12.0.
- Support for multiple filters per variable.
nc_inq_var_szipnow retuns 0 for parameter values if szip is not in use for the variable.
- Parallel I/O with filters is allowed for HDF5-1.10.3 and later.
- Support for zlib compression for parallel I/O writes, if HDF5 version is 1.10.3 or greater.
- Support for szip compression when writing data (including writing in parallel if HDF5 version is 1.10.3 or greater)
- Support for compact storage option for small variables in netCDF/HDF5 files.
Detailed information about the release is available in the Release Notes.
Complete information about using this release can be found in the NetCDF Documentation.
Source-code zip and tar.gz archives can be found on Unidata's NetCDF-C GitHub site.
Pre-built Windows binaries for use with Visual Studio) are available from this page.