Welcome back to AWIPS Tips!
Today we're happy to announce that AWIPS version 20.3.2-0.1 is beta release of CAVE for install on linux and virtual machines (Windows and Linux). We are currently working on a MacOS release.
Not all functionality is available yet, but we wanted to get something out there for people to start playing with and testing. This release is a CAVE only release, with us at Unidata running a version 20.3.2 public EDEX (edex-beta.unidata.ucar.edu) that you can connect to.
NOTE: We will still have our version 18.* public EDEX up and available for the foreseeable future, but the version of CAVE you are running has to match the version of EDEX it's connected to (ex. version 18.* of CAVE will not connect to version 20.* of EDEX).
- System upgrade to Python 3.6
- JAVA upgrade to openJDK 11
- Additional multi-pane layouts (2, 9, and 16 panel)
- Multi-color and line-style contouring (see image above)
- Faster looping (up to 30 frames per second)
- Ability to select from the previous 3 runs of a model
- Additional radar elevation scans below 0.5 degrees
- Improved Looping Options
- Enhancements to NSHARP
- New PGEN tool - PGEN Static
- Obs Time Batch Basis re-instated
- New Distance Scale units option
- New Load as Image and Combine option
- NSHARP Auto Updates with new model runs
- Ability to save NSHARP Dislpays
- Updated SPC Outlook Menus
How to Install CAVE 20.3.2-0.1
Visit our CAVE Beta Installation Page and see options for the Linux or Virtual Machine installation methods.
Select the server in the Connectivity Preferences dialog, or enter edex-beta.unidata.ucar.edu.
The radar menu has not been updated yet to reflect what is in version 18.*. To report any other bugs/issues/broken functionality, please fill out this short form.
For notifications of the latest updates from the AWIPS team, sign up for the AWIPS mailing list. Questions or suggestions for the team, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org