[netCDF #NBS-392373]: libnetcdf.so should be linked with -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 when --enable-netcdf-4

> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 05:39:52 -0700, "Unidata netCDF Support" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > But netCDF is a community enterprise, and if you would like to make
> > the edits to the Makefile.am files to implement your suggestion, and
> > give it a try, then you could send us diffs and we could see exactly
> > what you mean.
>
> Normally the autoconf test would but -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 or whatever into
> HDF5_LIBS, then these would be used to link libnetcdf.  i.e.
>
> libnetcdf_la_LIBADD += $(HDF5_LIBS)
>
> The definitions are currently scattered around and I'm short on testing
> time at the moment, but if you still want a patch, I'll look at it again
> in a couple weeks.

OK, that's a good idea, but how does that get you what you want, which is to
only link the top level APIs in shared library builds?

And, also, does HDF5 have to be built as a shared library for your plan to work?

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: NBS-392373
Department: Support netCDF