[netCDF #NBS-392373]: libnetcdf.so should be linked with -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 when --enable-netcdf-4

Howdy Jed!

Here at NetCDF World Headquarters, in sunny Boulder, Colorado, there are only
two full-time programmers engaged on work for the C/Fortran/C++ libraries, and,
naturally, we have our hands full with the features that we are trying to get
working.

While both Dennis and I would like a better build system, we don't necessarily
have a lot of extra time to try out various different ways of doing things.
Consequently, I'm not sure how to do what you suggest, and don't really have a
lot of time for experimentation.

But netCDF is a community enterprise, and if you would like to make the edits
to the Makefile.am files to implement your suggestion, and give it a try, then
you could send us diffs and we could see exactly what you mean.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NBS-392373
Department: Support netCDF