[netCDF #XMA-389196]: NCDUMP file extraction

> Full Name: Bob OBrien
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> We're using Windows XP and trying to use NCDUMP to extract a
> chromatogram in AIA format to ASCII. NCDUMP runs in a DOS shell. This
> chromatogram is essentially a binary list of numbers (signal for a
> fixed time interval).  The program runs ok for a short chromatogram,
> (short list of numbers). The problem occurs for longer lists of
> numbers:  Only the first half of the chromatogram is extracted,  the
> 2nd half is replaced by a copy of the first half.  Thus for a 20 minute
> chromatogram, the extraction to ASCII works fine.  For a 60 minute
> chromatogram we get the 1st 30 minutes repeated twice and we can't
> access the 2nd half of the chromatogram.
>
> Any ideas on what's going wrong here?  We're using NCDUMP downloaded
> from a UCAR site.
>
> Best regards
> Bob OBrien
> Portland State University

Howdy Bob!

Can you tell me the size, in bytes, of the 60 minute chromatogram?

Even better, run this command on your 20 minute and your 60 minute files, and
send the result. Just paste it into your reply...

ncdump -h -s YOUR_FILENAME_HERE

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: XMA-389196