[netCDF #IMK-675971]: mac os x and netcdf 4.0.1

> > Ah ha!
> >

> Oh - I like the sound of that... :-)
>
> I think I understand what is going wrong. I have made a change and
> > generated a new snapshot. Can you give it a try and see if it resolves all
> > these problems?
> >
> > ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz
>

> Done. Builds and links correctly, and seems to install fine into the staging
> directory. Congrats!

Great!

> Seems to be running "configure" recursively in each subdirectory. Heck -
> whatever gets the job done!

This is a different (and expected) thing. The netcdf distribution now also
include udunits and libcf, and these each run their own configure script, even
if you are not building or installing them.

> (PS - I'm sure that autotools are responsible for a nontrivial share of my
> grey hair... hope my debug dumps helped!)

You're support emails and dumps helped very much, and this problem was also
cropping up in another guise in another support request, so by solving it I was
able to solve that one too. Thanks very much for the help - NetCDF is
community-supported software and we depend on dedicated and knowledgeable users
such as yourself.

Keep on netCDFing!

Ed

Ticket ID: IMK-675971