[netCDF #UUL-626069]: portland group 9.0 compilers ... pgcpp specifically

> I worked with a sysadmin here to uncover the following:
>
> ./configure CPP="pgcc -E" CC=pgcc CXXCPP="pgcpp -E" CXX=pgcpp \
> F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90  F90=pgf90 \
> CPPFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran" \
> LDFLAGS="-fPIC" --prefix=${PREFIX}
>

> The PG C preprocessor is invoked by using the '-E' flag in conjunction
> with the C compiler ...
>
> I'm not sure how much you want to tinker with configure ... but if it
> could autodetect this,
> it will save people some headaches ... it was not autodetected
> originally, which is why
> I started tinkering with pgcpp and other misguided attempts ...
>
> Cheers -- Tim

Hmm, that's odd.

We are introducing a new C++ API soon, I wonder if it will encounter the same
problems...

I have put your information on our "other builds" page for other users:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#pgcpp

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: UUL-626069