[netCDF #FRF-546153]: mac OS 10.6.1 build failure

> ... Well, I successfully compiled netCDF with the new gfortran
> compiler.

Glad to hear it!

> You were right about the typo, although fixing that didn't resolve the issue
> with 4.2.3.
>
> Now I am having problems building ROMS.  I get an error message saying my
> installation of Open MPI was not compiled with Fortran 90 support, so mpif90
> is non-functional.  Not where to begin on this one....

Here's a place you might start for MPI for Macs:

  http://hpc.sourceforge.net/#mpi

but I'm afraid I can't answer questions about it.  You might get more help from
ROMS support ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: FRF-546153
Department: Support netCDF